“Japan is looking for ANSWERS”
Japanese society is going through a huge change and in the process of reevaluating its core beliefs and searching for the right meaning of life.
After the devastating Tsunami of 2011, Japan needed a spiritual answer. Unfortunately most of them haven’t reached the path of Islam yet. It is probably because there has been weak presence of Islam in this society and most of Japanese public either has no idea or misunderstand this religion.
We believe that Japan is ready to discover Islam and hope, with your support, this project will become a platform that showcases the TRUE teachings of Islam.
Now is the perfect timing!
We believe that in non majority Muslim countries, Masajids should play an important role in generating a welcoming and educational environment for the public to learn about Islam. Now that Japan is embarking to host the Tokyo Olympics in 2020, we have noticed that Japanese are more enthusiastic to learn about diverse cultures including Islam. That’s why we believe that the TIMING IS PERFECT for this project to see the light of day.
This will be “Sadaqa Jariyah (ongoing charity)” to testify on your behalf in the Day of Judgment. Insha Allah.
BECOME A PIONEER & SUPPORT THIS PROJECT
SHIZUOKA MASJID & ISLAMIC CULTURAL CENTER
Design: Our vision for this project is to use the architecture to send a message to the Japanese public that Islam can be compatible with the local environment. Therefore the design of this Project is heavily inspired by Japanese architecture.
- A Masjid with a hall capacity for 400 worshipers.
- A conference room for Dahwa activities.
- A kitchen studio for culinary classes.
- Children play room.
- Restaurant open to the public.
- 3 shops to showcase Japanese Halal products.
- 15 rooms for short and long-term stays.
- A roof top with a 360 degree view spot of Mt Fuji, Pacific Ocean and city view.
- A Tsunami evacuation area for the whole neighborhood.
As Muslims, we were thought by our beloved Prophet PBUH that we are custodians of this earth. Therefore we are planning to use the best of what Japan can offer to make this Masjid environmentally friendly. Applying solar panels, wind turbine, well water and local construction materials.
Estimated Cost of Building: $6,000,000 (USD)
Estimated Period of Construction: 16 months
How can you help?
No matter how big or small is your donation, it will help us get one step closer to realize this long awaited dream. Please share this project with as many people as possible by talking to your friends, family and coworkers.
We are Shizuoka Muslim Association (Facebook)
- Watch our TED Talk A Japanese found her Treasure ISLAM
- Watch our Dahwa Activities on Japan’s National TV (NHK)
- Watch “Japanese listen to the Qur’an for the first time”